top of page
Aerial View of Suburban Street

Abbreviated Erosion & Sediment Control

When Does This Permit Apply?

An Abbreviated Erosion & Sediment Control (ESC) Permit is needed for any size soil disturbance located within a residential subdivision that is currently being developed with an active ESC permit - typically developing multiple individual sub lots for non-agricultural purposes within the unincorporated areas of Lorain County.

How Do I Apply?

To apply for an Abbreviated ESC Permit, all of the following items must be submitted to Lorain Soil & Water Conservation District at the time of application:

  • Completed Erosion & Sediment Control Application form.

  • Applicable fees (cash or check only made out to "Lorain County Commissioners") - Typically $50.

  • Ohio EPA Individual Lot NOI - if your site is part of a Common Plan of Development.

  • Site plan that outlines the limits of soil disturbance, location of structures, setbacks, and installation location of best management practices.

  • Verification of compliance with other applicable permits.

The completed application packet can be submitted in person or by mail to:

42110 Russia Road, Elyria, OH 44035

Please see below for additional items that may help with the Abbreviated Erosion & Sediment Control Permit application process.

BMP brochure

For any questions regarding Abbreviated Erosion & Sediment Control (ESC),

contact our office at 440-326-5800 or email Jack Fisher at

bottom of page